This course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to pistols.
This course is at least three to four hours long and includes classroom and range time for learning to shoot. Students will learn the proper handling rules for safe firearms handling; pistol model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive educational materials and a certificate upon successful completion of the firearms safety course necessary for obtaining your Virginia State Concealed Carry License and/or Permit.
Please check our events calendar for dates and times for this course.
Please contact your certified instructor should you not be able to attend the class. If you are unable to attend the range time, but can attend the class for the pistol course only, please make arrangements with the firearms safety instructor prior to the night of class.
- This course meets the Virginia Concealed Carry Permit requirements for the State of Virginia.
- Course Fee – $80 (includes range day fee).
- Range Day: Saturday or Sunday. Please note, if there are 15 or less students registered for a class, the shooting portion will be conducted on Saturday instead of Sunday.
- A $40 deposit is required at course registration. No exceptions.
- Deposits are required to hold your seat and are refunded ONLY if you cancel a scheduled course within seven (7) days prior to the course start date.
Register for Class
To register for any of our classes you must swing by our Gun Range and Gun Store located at 113 Sunburst Rd. Lynchburg, VA 24501. We require a $40 cash or check deposit to reserve your spot. Classes fill up quickly so reserve your spot now.
We look forward to seeing you soon!