“Beretta has set an unprecedented record for reliability with the M9 pistol… The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage. During one test of twelve pistols, fired at Beretta U.S.A. under Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.”Gabriele de Plano, Vice President of Military Marketing & Sales for Beretta U.S.A.
Beretta has confirmed that it will make a bid to remain the U.S. Army’s gun maker of choice, announcing the release of the M9A3 handgun, a new version of the Beretta M9 featuring:
- 9mm Luger ammunition (9x19mm Parabellum)
- A magazine with 17 rounds’ capacity (and the ability to take larger mags)
- A threaded barrel (for affixing silencers)
- A 3-slot military standard Picatinny rail (for affixing other accessories such as laser sights)
- An “earth tone” finish — (Desert Camo) tan rather than standard black